Resources for Circles + Conflict
I'm preparing a little list of resources for those interested in learning more on how circle practice can be used to transform conflict in the workplace. Here are few key ones:
- Circle Process and What is Circle (PDF) from my webiste
- The Circle Way by Christina Baldwin and Ann Linnea
- Corporate Circles by Maureen Fitzgerald
- The Little Book of Circle Processes by Kay Pranis
- Standing in the Fire by Larry Dressler (not specifically about circle, but about the personal preparation and in-the-moment practices for facilitating high heat conversations)
- Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux (about radically new forms of organizations, and conflict management practices being a key element – doesn't specifically name circle but the practice complements)
- I co-teach various Circle Way workshops – sign-up my website to receive news, posts and more
- PeerSpirit offers deeper dive practicums on The Circle Way
Circle Way Videos
Here are three videos that describe the Components of the Circle Way, and they provide a helpful introduction and orientation to the Circle Way process:
- Part 1 describes Invitation, Host, Centre, Start Point, Agreements, and Check-in.
- Part 2 describes Intention, the Three Principles and Three Practices.
- Part 3 describes the Three Forms of Council, Talking Piece, Guardian, Scribe and Check-out.
There is also The Circle Way Legacy, the story of Ann Linnea and Christina Baldwin’s twenty plus year pioneering journey bringing circle back into modern application.
The other videos currently available are:
- Celebration of the Circle Way, to see where the Circle Way is being used in a variety of settings in North America for diverse purposes.
- Circle at the Core of Business Practice
- Circle in Healthcare Leadership
- International Stories of The Circle Way
Enjoy the learning journey into the land of circle!